Monday 26 July 2010

How it all started...

I haven't posted for a long time, but I have been using that time wisely (honest!).  I have finally found my mojo with tatting.  Over the next lot of posts, I am going to give you a guide through my learnings and hopefully it will be of use to anyone that falls over my blog!

Let me start from the beginning...
I started with crochet about 6 years ago.  I was self taught and I loved the patterns that could be done with crochet but as I became more and more immersed, I realised that it wasn't touching on the detail I desired.  That was until I stumbled onto the Asphyxiation Choker pattern on the Anticraft website. 

Asphyxiation Choker found at !The Anticraft!
I felt I had finally found the type of look I had been craving to make.  However, patterns weren't forthcoming and I couldn't find any more that quenched my thirst (by the way, if anyone does find any more patterns which have a similar look/motif for crochet, I would be deeply grateful). 

After looking through many, many patterns online, in April 2010, I finally found TotusMel's website and felt I was finally home.  I had found the amount of detail I wanted and in a form that was wearable for today (and not something that would look unusual outside the 1950's.  But how was it made?  Was it difficult?  Would it be do-able for me?  Where could I get hold of the crochet patterns...oh no, wait! 

What on earth was 'TATTING'?

The search continued ...

No comments:

Post a Comment